Travel is all about creating memories! The right gift for your wanderlust struck buddies can not only ease their travel experience, but also make it a memorable one for them. Be it the holiday season or any other special occasion- here’s a curated list of quirky travel accessories and unique travel essentials that will bring a smile to the globetrotters in your life!
1.Instant camera (Polaroid) from Fujifilm: Nothing beats the charm of instant photos, and in this world of instant gratification, the film-reliant and nostalgic Polaroid camera has made a comeback! The Fujifilm Instax camera is portable, vibrant, and affordable allowing you to capture memories of your travels in cute credit card size prints; and look how pretty they look after you pin them up! The new and updated Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 also comes with a selfie mirror for all you selfie-lovers!
Price: ~Rs. 5000. Buy it here!
2. Personalized travel accessories from The Messy Corner: Imagine the joy when you gift your nomad friend a personalized passport holder and luggage tag with their name inscribed on it! The Messy Corner has very chic leather accessories in tan that will help spruce up your airport style. The passport cover also doubles up to store your boarding passes, identity proofs et al so that all your important documents are handy and organized.
Price: ~Rs. 800. Buy it here!
3. Portable wine glasses from Goverre: This one is for wine enthusiasts who like to have wine on-the-go when at the beach, a picnic or a road trip. Carrying a wine bottle and wine glasses can be tiresome and risky. Enter Goverre- a stemless wine glass covered in a silicone sleeve with a drink-through lid. These glasses first caught my attention while watching the TV show, Shark Tank where the women entrepreneurs managed to bag a funding from three sharks. They’re available in vibrant colours and are perfect for your outdoorsy wine lovers for whom it’s always wine o’clock.
Price: $24. Buy it here!
For folks in India (since Goverre doesn’t ship to India as yet) here’s an alternative priced at ~Rs. 490!
4. Accessory bags for him and her from PropShop24: These travel drawstring bags with cute prints are perfect for packing all your knick-knacks like chargers, medicines, scarves, belts and the like. They keep your suitcase uncluttered and well-organized. Ideal for frequent travelers, these bags can be pre-packed and kept in your wardrobe, and transferred to your suitcase when you’re travelling. It makes packing quicker, hassle-free, and ensures you don’t leave behind something small but important.
Price: ~Rs. 700 for a set of 3. Buy it here!
5. Travel themed sling bag from 2AM: This sling bag designed like a compass is bound to strike a chord with travel junkies. It’s unique, quirky, versatile, and can be paired with jeans, skirts or dresses. Be it a day at the beach or a shopping trip, it’s casual and spacious to carry all your travel essentials. Psst! It will also make for great Instagram posts!
Price: ~Rs. 1800. Buy it here!
6. Dry shampoo from BBlunt: This one is a savior and a must-have in every girl’s travel kit! Isn’t it the worst when you’re having a bad hair day on a vacation? Sometimes when you’re out sight-seeing all day that makes your hair greasy or if you’re running late to take a head bath, it’s ‘BBlunt Back to life Dry Shampoo’ to the rescue. Just spray some on your hair, and voila it absorbs all the grease and grime, restoring the bounce and shine in your tresses with a mild fragrance!
Price: ~Rs. 550. Buy it here!
Picture courtesy: BBlunt
7. A quirky camera bag from World Art Community: How would you like to gift an avid photographer friend with a one-of-its-kind and environment friendly camera bag? World Art Community is a site connecting artists and designers directly with customers with unique and handmade works. This cute and stylish camera bag is spacious enough to store a camera and two lenses.
Price: ~Rs. 1600. Buy it here!
Picture courtesy: World Art Community
8. Travel between the lines adult colouring book: Ideal for those caught by the wanderlust bug, this adult colouring book captures illustrations created from real-life photographs clicked by the authors of the book on their world travels. Get transported to the streets of Paris, Argentina and Prague while colouring the lovely sceneries and architectures. This book is perfect to carry along on a long flight or to de-stress with some art therapy back home.
Price: ~Rs. 1244. Buy it here!
9. Bath bombs from Seychelles: Sometimes all you need after a long flight or a road trip is a hot aroma bubble bath to rejuvenate yourself. These bath bombs are quite the bomb (see what I did there?!). Glittery, topped with dried florals, and available in eclectic fragrances such as lavender, rose, and melon- the Seychelles Bath Bombs guarantee a luxurious bathing experience leaving your skin smooth and soft. Gift away to your nomad friends who like to indulge themselves on their holiday.
Price: ~Rs. 1400. Buy it here!
10. Travel pillow and eye mask set from Chumbak: This vibrant eye mask and travel pillow set from Chumbak will ensure your friends travel comfortably and in style. There’s nothing like a good night’s sleep on a long flight to make sure you’re well-rested when you reach your destination.
Price: ~Rs. 1495. Buy it here!
Do you have any more quirky items to add to this list?